• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sending gifts to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vader3d

I am in Texas.

I am not a freak or someone who has no morals.

I have offended this waitress at a restaurante. I said something to her that offended her really deeply. I want to say I want to say I am sorry but she will not speak to me. I go to this restaurante alot and I would like to continue going there. I would like to send her a box of chocolate so show my sincerest regret and apology. She is a minor, I believe late 15 early 16 years old. I am 21 myself. If I were to send her this gift and in the note I leave a message that say I was sorry. Is this legal? Some people might considered this as gross, as I am adult trying to give candy to a minor. I would like to be in all of legal boundries before I do this. Can someone help me with this?

Shay-Pari'e

She wants you to leave her alone. Get over the fact that you want to apologize to her, I'm sure she get's it.

Do not send her candy, do not interfear with her job, or her life. She want's you to leave her alone, and it is beyond me that you want to send this child candy.

You are not well.

CdwJava

Let it go, leave it be, and stay away from her! Ideally, find another place to eat.

If you really MUST go there, simply be polite and pleasant in the future and do not say or do anything odd.

- Carl

V

vader3d

--PARIDISE-- said:
She wants you to leave her alone. Get over the fact that you want to apologize to her, I'm sure she get's it.

Do not send her candy, do not interfear with her job, or her life. She want's you to leave her alone, and it is beyond me that you want to send this child candy.

You are not well.
But is this illegal?

CdwJava

vader3d said:
But is this illegal?
Maybe not ... but if she or her parents decides that this is just too weird, they MIGHT look at you for stalking or some sort of inappropriate communication with a minor. There are likely a number of laws that CAN come back to bite you when you send a gift to a child that you have no relationship with.

- Carl

V

vader3d

CdwJava said:
Maybe not ... but if she or her parents decides that this is just too weird, they MIGHT look at you for stalking or some sort of inappropriate communication with a minor. There are likely a number of laws that CAN come back to bite you when you send a gift to a child that you have no relationship with.

- Carl
Ok, the candy idea is bad. what about the a card saying i am sorry. No gift is associated.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Which part of "Let it go, leave it be, and stay away from her!" is difficult? She has apparently made it plain that she wants no contact with or from you at all. So act like an adult and respect her wishes.

(and if it were my kid, any sort of further contact would have me talking to my attorney.)

Shay-Pari'e

stealth2 said:
Which part of "Let it go, leave it be, and stay away from her!" is difficult? She has apparently made it plain that she wants no contact with or from you at all. So act like an adult and respect her wishes.

(and if it were my kid, any sort of further contact would have me talking to my attorney.)
DITTO on that. This guy has to be unstable. Please just leave her alone. Your facination on her is dangerous. She doesn't want any contact with you.

I would have a restraining order slapped on you so fast, if I was her parent.

You Are Guilty

I respectfully disagree with the other posters here. I think the problem is your apology is just too small (for lack of a better way to put it) to be noticed. You need to think of something on a much grander scale. May I suggest you get the following items which are sure to win her heart (when used properly, of course):

- One faded blue Ford cargo van with rust holes;
- 3lbs. Godiva chocolates;
- 1 bag "Tootsie Pops";
- 1 12oz. bottle of chloroform (ether will do in a pinch);
- 1 set police-grade handcuffs;
- 1 set police grade-leg shackles;
- 1 roll 3" industrial duct tape;
- 1 map of local swampland and forests;
- 1 electric cattle prod;
- 2 6oz. jars of Ben Gay;
- 1 medium to large gerbil;
- 1 feather duster (any color);

and last, but not least,

-1 French maid outfit.

Add all ingredients to large bowl, stir well, serve while hot.

(You know, in hindsight, the French Maid outfit thing is a tiny bit creepy. I'd leave that off the list).

Good luck! I'm sure we'll be reading about you in the papers real soon.

V

vader3d

Sheesh! I thought this forum was to give advice to people that need it not to bash them and tear them down. I never said she was a love interest. She is a daughter of an aquaintance. I would make that clear. This other person is only 5 years younger. I would understand if I was thirty something trying to do this. I would like a true legal perspective, not the bashing. Now I will rephrase my question. If I send here an apology card, is this illegal? Trust me, I have no interest in her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">