• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i press charges against my ex boyfriend for statutory rape?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seas831

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I had sexual relations with a 19 year old while I was 15 (I am now 16) during December of last year and January of this year. We were in an actual relationship. About a month into the relationship he broke up with me because he was scared of the consequences of authorities or my parents finding out we were having sexual contact. He told me he would never date another minor because of this. About April of this year I come to find out he is seeing another underaged girl who is even younger than I. I want to prosecute but I don't know if I can or if its appropriate..

rmet4nzkx

seas831 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I had sexual relations with a 19 year old while I was 15 (I am now 16) during December of last year and January of this year. We were in an actual relationship. About a month into the relationship he broke up with me because he was scared of the consequences of authorities or my parents finding out we were having sexual contact. He told me he would never date another minor because of this. About April of this year I come to find out he is seeing another underaged girl who is even younger than I. I want to prosecute but I don't know if I can or if its appropriate..
You can do several things, You can call 1-800-843-5678 handles leads from individuals reporting the sexual exploitation of children, if you have information that will help fight against child sexual exploitation. Your information will be forwarded to law enforcement for investigation and review, and, when appropriate, to the Internet Service Provider.

You can call your local police for both yourself and the other girl. Or yu can call cps and report, you are not specifically the one pressing charges, it is the police and the DA who press charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">