• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Associations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

serenity99

I understand that HOA laws nationwide are very broad and, as such, the HOAs can do just about anything to the poor homeowner who has very little legal leg to stand on.

Surely the homeowner has legal recourse if the HOA is on nothing more than a witch hunt.

In this case, HOA filed a lawsuit against homeowner for damages to common element. Legal papers consist of prefabricated lies! Now, the homeowner has to incur needless legal fees and costs in fighting the claims.

It seems apparent that a homeowner doesn't really own the home (i.e. in the case of a condominium) if the HOA has so much control and the homeowner none.

Please advise.

BelizeBreeze

serenity99 said:
I understand that HOA laws nationwide are very broad and, as such, the HOAs can do just about anything to the poor homeowner who has very little legal leg to stand on.

Surely the homeowner has legal recourse if the HOA is on nothing more than a witch hunt.

In this case, HOA filed a lawsuit against homeowner for damages to common element. Legal papers consist of prefabricated lies! Now, the homeowner has to incur needless legal fees and costs in fighting the claims.

It seems apparent that a homeowner doesn't really own the home (i.e. in the case of a condominium) if the HOA has so much control and the homeowner none.

Please advise.
And, of course, since you followed the instructions for this forum and ALL HOA agreements are the same thorughout the United States and all other countries, it's going to be easy to answer your question. :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
And, of course, since you followed the instructions for this forum and ALL HOA agreements are the same thorughout the United States and all other countries, it's going to be easy to answer your question. :rolleyes:
**A: isn't there only one HOA for the entire US covering all condo, townhouse and single family projects? And it's called the HOA of the USA?

HomeGuru

serenity99 said:
I am cautious about posting the state because I don't know who is reading these boards. Is there a way to post it out of public view - or a private message perhaps?
**A: yes, there is. Find a different website other than this one and post there.

lele100

Question on HOA in Florida

Hi I live in Boynton Beach, our HOA forced us to get Homeowners Insurance on our townhouse for the inside and outside of our home. therefore we have full insurance coverage. one year ago we were hit by a hurricane and some of the homeowners roofs were damaged. I just received an assesement of $1400.00 to fix the roofs of our homes. Now my question what is the point of having insurance for the outside if we cannot go through them for claims on damages of the outside of the home. since our association is going to fix the roofs. we do not have damage to our roof therefore why should we pay, and can they force us to have insurance to the outside of the house if they are going to do the fixes and assess us for the amount? Why are we paying for insurance?
Thanks for you reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">