• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed by private individual/seller. what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

naseem

What is the name of your state? NJ

I was browsing a car audio forum and came across a post of a stereo for sale, brand new for really good price (probably should have read that as a red flag when I saw how cheap it was). I contacted the seller and then sent him a money order for $335. He did send me a tracking number but it's last entry was for 9/8 (arrival in destination country is all it says). I emailed him about it but have not gotten any responses. I then did a search for his name on that forum (something I should have done before sending any $$) and a lot of posts were about how he scammed others.

What, if anything can be done? I already figure I lost $335 but if there's anything that can be done short of flying out to Vancouver and knocking on his door I'd like to try it.

thanks

HomeGuru

naseem said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I was browsing a car audio forum and came across a post of a stereo for sale, brand new for really good price (probably should have read that as a red flag when I saw how cheap it was). I contacted the seller and then sent him a money order for $335. He did send me a tracking number but it's last entry was for 9/8 (arrival in destination country is all it says). I emailed him about it but have not gotten any responses. I then did a search for his name on that forum (something I should have done before sending any $$) and a lot of posts were about how he scammed others.

What, if anything can be done? I already figure I lost $335 but if there's anything that can be done short of flying out to Vancouver and knocking on his door I'd like to try it.

thanks
**A: I have some swamp land in Florida for cheap.

N

naseem

he is in Vancouver BC. I'm all the way in NJ... Well I guess I learned. If I'm ever out that way I will definitely check him out.

-I wonder if the local authorities care to do anything? or just a waste of both of our time?

thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">