• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City of Los Angels Dept of Recs and Parks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bikismommy

What is the name of your state? California
Question:
Regarding a birthday party thrown at a rec center. I had reserved 2months in advance, applied for my permit, was approved by 2 park directors, and paid ($90.00)my fees a month in advance for private use of the facility. The day of the party when I arrived I was greeted by a full on championship game of basketball fully underway. After lenghty discussions with the person in charge, I found out that there were games scheduled the whole day. I was unable to get into the facility at the time indicated (on the permit and verbally agreed to) and was being yelled at by angry parents of the team whos game was cancelled. I was treated badly by staff and was thrown out early, my party was completely ruined. Is there anything I can do. Its not just the $90. fees im upset about but a ruined party that ran me about $700.00 but the embarrasement with my guests aswell. Any advice will be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bikismommy said:
What is the name of your state? California
Question:
Regarding a birthday party thrown at a rec center. I had reserved 2months in advance, applied for my permit, was approved by 2 park directors, and paid ($90.00)my fees a month in advance for private use of the facility. The day of the party when I arrived I was greeted by a full on championship game of basketball fully underway. After lenghty discussions with the person in charge, I found out that there were games scheduled the whole day. I was unable to get into the facility at the time indicated (on the permit and verbally agreed to) and was being yelled at by angry parents of the team whos game was cancelled. I was treated badly by staff and was thrown out early, my party was completely ruined. Is there anything I can do. Its not just the $90. fees im upset about but a ruined party that ran me about $700.00 but the embarrasement with my guests aswell. Any advice will be appreciated.

My response:

Call the City of Los Angeles Clerk's Office and ask for a Tort Claim form. Fill it out. Send it in. Wait.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">