• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another uptight lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lighton

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California

A couple of weeks ago ,my 18yr. old son got charged with a felony for defending himself from a gang and escaping with his life. Besides that injustice,we hire a lawyer who seems friendly at first during the free consultaion. His website says you should have an open dialouge with your attorney or seek another.After we hire him, I send him 3 E-mails mostly informing him about the case.On the 3rd one he tells me he will go broke if he has to answer all my e-mails and says he will not answer anymore. I stopped e-mailing him for a week ,then I e-mailed him and said I do not intend to burden him with e-mails but do need essential information regarding the case. He will not answer.

He has made a bad situation worse. I don't trust him anymore. Is he acting unethically with a web site that encourages openess and then he shuts me out? I will see him at the arraignment. What should I so if he refuses to talk to me in person?Can I get back any money from the retainer fee if I fire him after the arraignment?We paid $2500 in advance and another $2500 is due in 2 weeks.That's covers his services thru the preliminary hearings. And he's gonna go broke from my e-mails. Gee I never knew lawyers made peanuts.

carofl93

Have you thought of calling this lawyer to set up an appointment to give him the information he needs to defend your son? When my hubby was going through his custody battle we would fax over info or hand carry it and give it to our lawyer's secretary. We did have his email address but didn't use it since a case should be handled face to face rather than through email or phone.

L

Lighton

carofl93

I live 2-1/2 hours away from where the incident took place and where the lawyer is.The lawyer knows that. That's why E-mail is preferable.I have a business too. Answering E-mails is not a problem for me and I make less money than the lawyer. Guess all that dough just makes lawyers big snobs. This is my first lawyer.Never knew that they were really scum like everyone says. Thought that was just a joke.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I am paying the lawyer on my son's behalf,so I am the co-client. But if my lawyer showed an attitude like yours in the first place,(the one he shows now)I would have walked right out the door. See how many clients you get with that disgusting approach.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lighton said:
carofl93

I live 2-1/2 hours away from where the incident took place and where the lawyer is.The lawyer knows that. That's why E-mail is preferable.I have a business too. Answering E-mails is not a problem for me and I make less money than the lawyer. Guess all that dough just makes lawyers big snobs. This is my first lawyer.Never knew that they were really scum like everyone says. Thought that was just a joke.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I am paying the lawyer on my son's behalf,so I am the co-client. But if my lawyer showed an attitude like yours in the first place,(the one he shows now)I would have walked right out the door. See how many clients you get with that disgusting approach.

My response:

No, you're not a "co-client". All you are is a "wallet". Period. That's it. The attorney doesn't have to say anything to you. As a matter of fact, without your son's written permission, he CAN'T say anything to you.

I have a very successful practice, thank you. And that's because I get rid of "boat anchors" like you, who sap resources and time from other clients.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">