• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gap Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

here is the scoop. i was involved in a collison on 8/21/2004. my car was a total loss. at the time of the loss the balance on my car was around 16,500 (estimate) . the insurance co is paying 14,500. i sent off all the info to make a gap claim on 9/17 (it took forever for the insurance co. to tell me the total loss amount) with 16,500 as the amount. i had a payment due on 9/19 ($400)that i made after filing my claim. i made the payment just in case the gap co. takes awhile to pay off the car and i didn't want to ruin the credit i worked so hard to establish. my account won't be considered late until 10/18/2004. hopefully the car will be paid off by then.

my question is: if my car is paid off on time 10/18, shouldn't i get a refund ($400) for the payment i made on 9/17?

i just want to know that to expect......

racer72

Your creditor is the only one that can answer that question. I would guess that your payment has been applied to your account and will not be refunded unless the insurance coverage overpays on the note.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">