• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgtx

Hello,

My husband got rear ended. Since no one was hurt, he just got the guy's info and didn't call the cops (mistake, i know). The guy gave him an insurance card that was canceled and a false number. After spending 2 weeks getting his real number, he's now denying it. His license plate is imprinted into our bumper and we have information from his canceled insurance card - that's some proof, right?

If we report this with the insurance company, they most likely just file it under
uninsured/underinsured on our policy? I don't want to file a claim if it will just be used against our policy. I don't want our rates to go up and i also feel angry for our time wasted and all the stress caused by this guy so I'd like to see some justice. We are considering taking this to a small claims court and leave the insurance out of it. What are our chances? We have his plate and cancelled insurance information. My husband made the mistake of not getting his driver license number though.

thanks in advance.

rmet4nzkx

Report it to the police, obviously you have evidence with his license number imprinted on you bumper. If he is uninsured and or comitting fraud let the police handle it.

Report it to your insurance carrier, you will have to do both of these anyway if you have to go to small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">