• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmansgirl

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

What happens when the witness for the DA did not show for the preliminary hearing?? Aren't witnesses subpoenad? Can the witness later be called to testify?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cmansgirl said:

What happens when the witness for the DA did not show for the preliminary hearing?? Aren't witnesses subpoenad? Can the witness later be called to testify?

My response:

What does this have to do with the forum you posted the above to?

IAAL

C

cmansgirl

read into it

it has to do with the DA's witness not appearing in court! Maybe I did post it in the wrong forum but I thought since it had to do with the court that I'd place it there. where should I have entered it?

Last edited:
B

Bonjovi

cmansgirl said:

Witnesses are not required to to show for preliminary hearings. They only appear if there is a trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">