• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tk208

Two weeks ago I rear-ended a car. I was going approximately 10 mph so there was no damage to the car, and the woman said she was fine. However, we did call the police and exchange phone numbers & license plate numbers. This afternoon she called me to say that her back had been bothering her and to ask for my insurance information. The insurance is under my dad's name, and if he finds out that I got into an accident he will not allow me to use the car. I need the car to work and attend school. I pay for my own tuition, and do not have alot of money. I offered to pay in cash for any medical expenses and she said she will get back to me. However, at the time of the accident, the woman was fine and she walked around as if everything was ok. I feel that she is just trying to get some money out of me, and I wonder if there is any way I can settle this situation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tk208 said:
Two weeks ago I rear-ended a car. I was going approximately 10 mph so there was no damage to the car, and the woman said she was fine. However, we did call the police and exchange phone numbers & license plate numbers. This afternoon she called me to say that her back had been bothering her and to ask for my insurance information. The insurance is under my dad's name, and if he finds out that I got into an accident he will not allow me to use the car. I need the car to work and attend school. I pay for my own tuition, and do not have alot of money. I offered to pay in cash for any medical expenses and she said she will get back to me. However, at the time of the accident, the woman was fine and she walked around as if everything was ok. I feel that she is just trying to get some money out of me, and I wonder if there is any way I can settle this situation.

My response:

Why did you purposefully take the time to DELETE the State Name question?

IAAL

T

tk208

sorry about that. i reside in New York. the accident took place in ny as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">