• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DDD and KCDDD in Washington State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angelina49

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have 2 DD sons living in a fantastic group home and I live in NJ. They come out here 2x a year to visit. Prior to their employment their support person thru DDD was told of this arrangement. They have just recently gotten jobs and I have just recently found out that their employers were not told of this arrangement prior to them being hired. I purchased their airline tickets 2 weeks ago for their Christmas trip here to NJ. I have just found out today that KCDDD and SKCAC will advocate for them and bring in APS if I do not change their tickets. This is because KCDDD said they might lose their jobs if they come here. I went and researched WA APS and I do not know how they can turn me into APS as I do not fall into any of the categories listed on the website. I also was told that APS will tell my sons that I am a bad Mom which would destroy them. My sons are 28 and 25 and we have a very loving and tight family relationship even though I live here. They love their jobs but they also love their 2nd home here. I am petrified that the state will hurt them thru me. Where can I go to find out more about KCDDD and also find out what they can and can't do to me/them. I hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Angelina49

racer72

Not everyone on these forums know what all your initials mean. Could you please redo your post only not using initials.

Angelina49

KCDDD & SKCAC

Sorry about that. KCDDD is King County Developmental Disabilites Division which in turn is responsible for DDD which is Division of Developmental Disabilities and SKCAC Industries is an industrial skills non-profit org. in Kent for disabled people and it is funded by DDD & KCDDD, which of course is County & State. Unfortunatley I can't remember exactly what SKCAC stands for. Hope this helps. Angelina49

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">