• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stillreeling

What is the name of your state. oregon My ex and I filed for divorce and did the papers by ourself and has been finalized for 18 months,she did not pay for two bills that were assigned to her so I paid them and am taking her to small claims.She countered and said I lied to her about the equity on the house when it sold,she signed a legal form which was noterized three months before it sold releasing all interest in the house.In the divorce decree I said I recieved 8000.00 which I actually had recieved 1300.00.I justified to her that was what was left after the house payments and I gave her 1000.00, that was in the papers also.Now she wants 5000.00 in small claims,is there a statute of limitations on filing a motion to take me back to courtfor part of the 8000.00 and is this something the small claims judge will even consider.I am sueing for money owed from her bills I had to pay ,she is countering saying I owe her more money from the sale of the house because I lied on the divorce decree

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">