• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended by Ebay unjustly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copelady

What is the name of your state? Fl
I have been an Ebay seller for quite a while, I had an excellent rating and very good feedback. Yesterday my entire site and my daughters was deleted by Ebay, they said for shill bidding, I had almost 300 items listed and several hundred dollars selling. I cannot contact anyone to explain what happened.But here is my story. I listed a Boheman sculpture for around $ 125.00, and a friend of my daughters bid on this item, using my daughters computer, my daughter does not live with me,but uses my address for shipping and receiving mail, as she travels and is not home very much and I am retired and help her with her shipping,anyway there were no other bids on this item, and it was not relisted. I have a receipt that I was paid for this item, but Ebay gives no notice or chance to defend yourself against any allegations. A few months ago I had a partner in this venture, and because I dissolved the partnership, he made threats to cause problems, which I guess he was able to do. I am retired and put a large portion of my savings into this venture, now I have a houseful of items that I cannot sell, not to mention the things that are sold that I cannot access to ship to customers. I feel that Ebay has done an injustice to me and my daughter, if the item had been relisted or had any other bids, I could almost understand this action, but they are like a communist country, not giving any rights whatsoever to customers. I have lost a lot of money and customers due to this action, and there is absolutely no way to contact them once you are suspended. PLEASE HELP.

C

copelady

If you are refering to me, that was not very nice, and I hope you never have someone take your business and income so easily.

C

copelady

If you are an attorney with this forum, then I can see that I cannot expect any help or advice, and you should have some repect for others, and stop being so RUDE

BelizeBreeze

copelady said:
If you are an attorney with this forum, then I can see that I cannot expect any help or advice, and you should have some repect for others, and stop being so RUDE
Lady, I JUST GAVE YOU the only legal advice you'll get from this forum OR a face to face with an attorney. E-Bay is located in San Jose County California and the agreement you had with them must be litigated there.

Notice I said agreement. Because you have NO contract, NO rights and they can suspend your use of their site any damn time they want. so go blow your money on a lawsuit that you will lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

copelady

If You Are Not An Attorney, You Should Get A Real Job And Stop Giving Information To People Who Have Problems And Are Already Upset. What Kind Of Person Are You?

BelizeBreeze

copelady said:
If You Are Not An Attorney, You Should Get A Real Job And Stop Giving Information To People Who Have Problems And Are Already Upset. What Kind Of Person Are You?
Someone smart enough to know the answer to your question. Are you smart enough to learn? O.K. if you're so insistant to stay here instead of taking advantage of e-bay's arbitration procedures, then you tell ME what your contract with e-bay says?

You know, that document you and a representative of e-bay signed when you began your 'store'? The one that is legally binding on the parties. The one you have in your possession.

C

copelady

You don't know Ebay or you would know that there is no way to contact or access the site once you are suspended,that was my problem,I needed to know if there is anyway that I can get any correspondence to them, to try to resolve this.

BelizeBreeze

SquareTrade, Inc.
50 First Steet, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94105

Headquarters:

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125

C

copelady

Thank You so much, I appologize, just very upset.
I will give it a try

JETX

Okay, lets try to bring this back to sanity.... (from the Breeze 'neverland').

I understand your frustration in dealing with ebay; however, the site is THEIR property and like any other business they have the right to set the rules in the use of THEIR product.

However, I have found that they do listen to reason (yes, I have had an ebay account pretty much since they started.... and yes, I have had my account suspended and removed.... and returned).

First, I have to say that the 'case' against you does NOT look good. You post an item for sale and a 'buyer' uses your daughters account to purchase it?? Definitely has room for interpretation as 'shill bidding'.

Second, I suggest you do the following:
1) Send them an email explaining the circumstance, providing ALL the facts in a concise and legible manner and ask them to investigate.
2) Follow that up with a phone call to their office. Their number is 408-376-7400, and FAX: 408-369-6141 or 408-369-4855

There is a long list of management personnels names, phone numbers and email addresses for eBay (near the bottom) at: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=354168

In closing, I need to emphasize... they have no obligation, nor do you have a legal right to demand, your reinstatement.

C

copelady

I thank you so very much, You are a very professional, understanding and courteous person. God Bless You

liljenrix

Ebay can do almost anything they want, thats why alot of their customers are going to overstock.com or to epier.com they have free listings and smaller fees for final value. in a few years I think they have the capability of becoming almost as big as ebay.Hope that helps.

JETX

liljenrix said:
Ebay can do almost anything they want, thats why alot of their customers are going to overstock.com or to epier.com they have free listings and smaller fees for final value. in a few years I think they have the capability of becoming almost as big as ebay.Hope that helps.
And please explain why you felt compelled to provide your droolings (which provides NO assistance at all) to a thread that has been dead for almost four MONTHS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">