• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver had bogus insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

draconian

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My family was involved in a traffic accident last week. A driver on the other side of the street was second in line to make a left hand turn, and instead of waiting for his turn, he overtook the driver in front of him (who was waiting for traffic to open up) and shot into our path. My husband hit the brakes, but we couldn't stop in time and our cars collided. We had our 3 kids in the car with us, but luckily, no one was hurt. The front right-hand side of the car is smashed though, and we were counting on using the guy's insurance to pay for the repairs. The police report is in our favor, and we also have 3 witnesses who can put the guy at fault. The car was our only transportation, and we have had to use a rental, which we were also hoping his insurance would cover.

The problem is that we only found out today that the guy's insurance is bogus. Do we have any recourse, or will we have to pay our $1000 insurance deductible? I know it sounds vindictive, but I don't want the guy to go without paying some way or other, especially since this accident would not have happened if he had just waited his turn.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give. Thanks in advance.

Happy Trails

draconian said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

My family was involved in a traffic accident last week. A driver on the other side of the street was second in line to make a left hand turn, and instead of waiting for his turn, he overtook the driver in front of him (who was waiting for traffic to open up) and shot into our path. My husband hit the brakes, but we couldn't stop in time and our cars collided. We had our 3 kids in the car with us, but luckily, no one was hurt. The front right-hand side of the car is smashed though, and we were counting on using the guy's insurance to pay for the repairs. The police report is in our favor, and we also have 3 witnesses who can put the guy at fault. The car was our only transportation, and we have had to use a rental, which we were also hoping his insurance would cover.

The problem is that we only found out today that the guy's insurance is bogus. Do we have any recourse, or will we have to pay our $1000 insurance deductible? I know it sounds vindictive, but I don't want the guy to go without paying some way or other, especially since this accident would not have happened if he had just waited his turn.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give. Thanks in advance.
Sue him.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">