• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iycandi

What is the name of your state? New York

I would appreciate any info you may be able to give me on getting my medical records from my old Drs. ofs to my new Drs. ofs...
Does my old Drs. ofs have the right to charge me for getting my own medical records? They've told me that I cannot pick them up or have them sent to my new Dr. until I pay for them.

Thank you for this great site, and for any help you may be able to share. :confused:

Last edited:

G

gnomad

Yes they can.

I worked in medical records for years and years. To give records to an individual there is a charge. However, if you have a physician request your records, there is no charge.

akerr

Dr. Offices can charge you .75 cents per page. Although your new doctor should be able to request your records from your previous doctor with a HIPAA compliant authorization signed by you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">