• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Love.. Not legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

16&23

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I am 16 years old and I have been seeing this guy for a while. Right now we are just close friends, but we'd like to be more. However, he is 23. I have read many other threads posted by Confused2006, and know how most of you feel about the age difference. However age is just a number to me. I am well aware that there are laws against sex with a legal adult, but are there laws against dating a legal adult (w/ no sexual attachments)
Also, my dad does not like my friend, and he lets me be friends w/ him but says no way will I date him. My mom does not have a problem with it though. However I live with my dad. My question is, if when the time comes to date him, and my dad says no, If i move in w/ my mom, can my dad still have a say in my relationship (like calling the police) if my mom doesn't have aproblem w/ it?
Thank you...

Happy Trails

16&23 said:
What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I am 16 years old and I have been seeing this guy for a while. Right now we are just close friends, but we'd like to be more. However, he is 23. I have read many other threads posted by Confused2006, and know how most of you feel about the age difference. However age is just a number to me. I am well aware that there are laws against sex with a legal adult, but are there laws against dating a legal adult (w/ no sexual attachments)
Also, my dad does not like my friend, and he lets me be friends w/ him but says no way will I date him. My mom does not have a problem with it though. However I live with my dad. My question is, if when the time comes to date him, and my dad says no, If i move in w/ my mom, can my dad still have a say in my relationship (like calling the police) if my mom doesn't have aproblem w/ it?
Thank you...
(c) Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual
intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than
the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and
shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one
year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

Yes, daddy can still do something about it.

Last edited:

16&23

Thank you for your information, however, I have no intention of "engaging in sexual intercourse" with this guy until I am ready. I am not.
So can my dad still do something if there isn't sex involved?
Thanks again.

16&23

**Also I am 16. And that info said Under the age of 16. So does this exclude me or do I have to be 17?

Happy Trails

16&23 said:
**Also I am 16. And that info said Under the age of 16. So does this exclude me or do I have to be 17?
Sorry, I corrected it now. It does not exclude you. You are a minor until age 18.

Dad can do a lot. You would not be doing this guy any favors by getting involved with him. Sounds like dad is trying to protect you. If he does not want you two together, he can take legal action (even if you are not planning on having sex).

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And while I don't expect you to believe me, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with a 23 year old who is interested in dating a 16 year old.

There's a reason most of us have a problem with the age difference. It's not just because we're mean and nasty and don't want you to have any fun.

C

confused2006

16&23

arkansas

you just have to understand my situation i was raped at 12 and the guy is now in prision for 20 years and my soon to be husband was the only one who would except me for me and noone my age wants to be with a girl who has been raped and he did and we have been together for 1 year and almost 6months and we have a 4month and 3week old little girl together

CdwJava

confused2006 said:
arkansas

you just have to understand my situation i was raped at 12 and the guy is now in prision for 20 years and my soon to be husband was the only one who would except me for me and noone my age wants to be with a girl who has been raped and he did and we have been together for 1 year and almost 6months and we have a 4month and 3week old little girl together
And the guy who is with you faces prison as well. And of course he accepts you - he can control you.

But, what do I know ... I've only been investigating juvenile sex crimes for 14 years.

- Carl

C

confused2006

love not legally

arkansas

but the thing is he doesn't control me at all and i get to do whatever i want and he is not a controlling person. He has never told me what to do.So i don't fear that at all.

Happy Trails

I had replied a long post to confused. Then I realized this is not her thread.

Confused, you will only get more confused if you persist on posting randomly all over the board.

Do you lose your thread?

gryndor

confused2006 said:
arkansas

but the thing is he doesn't control me at all and i get to do whatever i want and he is not a controlling person. He has never told me what to do.So i don't fear that at all.
Either you hijacked this thread, or else you and 16&23 are the same person.

Stop playing games.

16&23 said:
I have read many other threads posted by Confused2006, and know how most of you feel about the age difference.
Coincidence? Confused's posts make no sense... how could you glean any useful info from them?
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Happy Trails

gryndor said:
Either you hijacked this thread, or else you and 16&23 are the same person.

Stop playing games.

Coincidence? Confused's posts make no sense... how could you glean any useful info from them?
:rolleyes:
I noticed that when one is on the other is not. So I asked 16&23 if she had a split personality.

Seems strange 'confused2006' was compelled to respond to this thread as if we were talking to her.

Last edited:
A

april_price

16&23 said:
Thank you for your information, however, I have no intention of "engaging in sexual intercourse" with this guy until I am ready. I am not.
So can my dad still do something if there isn't sex involved?
Thanks again.
Yes. When i was 15 i was engaged to a 22 yr. old. Even if yall don't engage in sexual intercourse, he could still get statutory rape charges. My ex almost did. I don't know your dad but, i would say that if he sees you moved in with your mom so you could see this guy, he will press charges against him. He is still your dad and still has legal rights to you.
BE really careful whatever you decide, if you really like this guy, you don't want to get him in trouble.

C

confused2006

16&23

no me and 16&23 are not the same person but our situation is almost the same except that i have a baby and she does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">