• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In what states is marijuana scent probable cause to search?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kryptic

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

also, what is the max amount of time police can detain you without arresting you?

BelizeBreeze

In all 50 states, including the state of euphoria, confusion and exhaustion to name a few added. And they can detain you (i believe) up to 48 hours.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kryptic said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

also, what is the max amount of time police can detain you without arresting you?

My response:

You asked, "In what states is marijuana scent probable cause to search?"

Well, at last count, and this was a while ago, so don't quote me, but it's ALL OF THEM, Dufus!!

To answer to your last question, hopefully long enough to let Bubba have his way with you - - at least ten times.

IAAL

K

Kryptic

sorry im such a dufus for asking a question about drugs in a forum called drug charges, what was i thinking?

K

Kryptic

damn @ 48 hours. so basically even if you spray cologne all over the car to mask the smell you can still be detained long enough for them to get the dogs? what would you suggest the best action would be if you get pulled over with the weed smell in your car?

mask it with cologne? do the cops ussually call dogs in this case? or if you dont do anything about it but the officer cant find anything in his search are you free to go or will he still call the dogs?

as you can tell the dogs scare me haha

and "I am always liable" you can respond if you want, it obviously wont be taken seriously but im looking forward to hearing more stories about bubba (you seem to know a lot about him, hmmm)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kryptic said:
sorry im such a dufus for asking a question about drugs in a forum called drug charges, what was i thinking?

My response:

Yeah, what the hell were you thinking?

Did you think there was one State out there where you can blow your mind and live in a drug induced euphoric state of mind all day long, or something?

IAAL

CdwJava

Actually, there was a case recently in some midwest state where the smell of marijuana was specifically exempted as probable cause. I can't recall the state off hand, but you coulda knocked me over with a feather. It MIGHT have been Iowa.

- Carl

You Are Guilty

OP, the only proven safe method of hiding weed if the smell is in your car is to hide it in your anal cavity. Doing so while driving takes a lot of skill, so I suggest you practice at home so you can do it on the road if you need to. The dogs, for obvious reasons, will not go near that area. I just hope you don't have a brink on you when they pull you over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">