• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blog site copyright violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MN

I have a blog site. It is strictly my thoughts, opinions, etc. I recently posted a blog where I found some images of people on the internet (senior high school pictures) and created a fun, entertaining commentary on Senior photos gone bad. It was only my thoughts, my critisism, my commentary next to these photos and only ment to be a simple humorous post on my blog site. I didn't use the photos to create income, I didnt use them for anything other than a fun comment/critisism, my opinion, good for a laugh post. I got tons of hits on my site regarding the photos of how funny it was. And then the sancitmonious hits started. They said i was in violation of copyright laws and if I didn't remove the post they would find out who the photographers were and the people in the pictures and make sure they all brought a law suit against me. How is this any different than Jay Leno making fun of stupid things? Did I violate copyright law? I'm thinking that I fall within "fair use", because it was only used to comment and critique. Anybody have any thoughts on it?

racer72

Sure they can sue. Whether they win or not is another question. Plus you would have to be sued in your state. Would they be willing to spend a bunch of money for something that would return very little even if they did win? Not likely.

What could they sue for? I dont understand.

How is it that so many frivilous things can actually make it to court? What a pathetic society we've become.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">