• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osugraduate

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

A local government's main sewer line returning to their treatment plant runs through my ten acres of property. Does this need to be identified on my deed inorder for this local government to have an easement? Thanks in advance for your help.

FarmerJ

They have a easement . and they might even have restrictions in place baring you from ever doing anything like placing a structure over in that area . One of my friends yrs ago owned a home that had a very massive lot and had a city water tower at the next property to the rear , he learned that not only was there a huge water line running through the rear of his property but that he couldnt build anything over the line . Your city should be able to provide you with a map of where the line runs through your property and when you sell it some day just make sure you disclose the line and include that map with the disclosure .

nextwife

Pull out your title policy and review Schedule B2 (or C). The Utility easement should be identified somewhere in that section and a copy of the actual easement document is likely attached to either the commitment or policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">