• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nikki_b

What is the name of your state? CA

I bought a Lousi vuitton purse on ebay for 1200 dollars in Feb. 04, and was gaurenteed that it was real in the auction. I sent two money orders, each for 600, to the seller. She shipped me the purse and I carried it for five months because the purse is very rare and I had nothing to compare it closely to. A clasp on the purse broke, I emailed the woman to ask what city and LV store it was purcased from. She replied either HOng Kong or Switzerland. I took it to the Louis Vuitton store to be fixed. They shipped it back saying that it was not their product. I contacted the woman through email and after emailing she said that it was through another woman that she was selling it for and she would give the woman my email to deal with me directly. I have never had any response since then. Ebay will not help because the woman gave my a buy now price and ebay was not envolved. I have every single email between her and I, including the auction that promises it is authentic. Is there any way I can get my money back? She lives in Long Island, and is there any thing I can do with out actually going there?

BelizeBreeze

Sure you can get your money back. All you have to do is ask the woman where she lives, go there and file a small claims court action against her. Then you have to pay all associated court costs, legal fees, investigation costs and MAYBE you'll win. More than likely you won't.

So, going to buy anymore knockoffs from e-bay?

N

nikki_b

thanks?

I wrote on this website to get an answer, which i did, but really you can keep your smart-ass commentary to yourself. I really dont appreciate it.

C

copelady

Thanks Nikki, I got the same treatment from the same person,with obviously nothing better do do than insult people in distress. Shortly you will get real help, I did and it was excellent advise and information. Good Luck

BelizeBreeze

nikki_b said:
I wrote on this website to get an answer, which i did, but really you can keep your smart-ass commentary to yourself. I really dont appreciate it.
Smart-ass(ed) comment? Really? would you like to tell me where, in my reply to you, I gave you FALSE information?

I'll wait.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">