• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen pregnancy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

colfos

What is the name of your state?Georgia

I was in another post about statutory rape....But now I've found out that my 16 yr old godchild stopped taking her birth control pills while she was having sex with her 20 yr old boyfriend and didn't tell him. The boyfriend's family is very religious and insist that he do "the right thing". We've found several lies that my godchild has told in order to get her way in this. It has affected her parents, myself, grandparents, friends, etc. They haven't gotten married yet, although they plan to in a couple of weeks. What rights do her parents still have? She needs counseling immediately . We are not sure if she is really pregnant. We're going on her word. Tomorrow a test will be done.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

colfos said:

I've found out that my 16 yr old godchild stopped taking her birth control pills while she was having sex with her 20 yr old boyfriend and didn't tell him.

My response:

So, basically, you're saying she's a slut, a tramp, a whore - - right?

Nice family you got going there!

Where's the trailer in your story? Still got the wheels on it?

IAAL

C

colfos

I'm glad you found some entertainment value in this. Maybe one day I can. She wasn't raised to have those traits I can ensure you. I just want to know if her parents still have any rights as far as getting her to counseling to stop this destructive pattern. Her cousin (19 yrs old) was in a tragic car accident at the beginning of the year. Of course the whole family was devastated. But my godchild never seemed to go through those "grieving" stages. We wonder if this could be some extreme reaction. Grasping at straws, I guess
P. S. Actually the boy's parents took the trailer off the wheels and it sits on the ground :rolleyes:

Last edited:
H

hunter4585

some people can be down right rude in here , i would think if she is under the age of 18, her parents still have a right to ground her, so why cant they do anyhting about this.

AHA

colfos said:

I was in another post about statutory rape....But now I've found out that my 16 yr old godchild stopped taking her birth control pills while she was having sex with her 20 yr old boyfriend and didn't tell him. The boyfriend's family is very religious and insist that he do "the right thing". We've found several lies that my godchild has told in order to get her way in this. It has affected her parents, myself, grandparents, friends, etc. They haven't gotten married yet, although they plan to in a couple of weeks. What rights do her parents still have? She needs counseling immediately . We are not sure if she is really pregnant. We're going on her word. Tomorrow a test will be done.
What was the result of the pregnancy test?
Unless a minor can get married legally in your state, the parents will have to write a consent, so by refusing to do that, that's one way of putting a stop to further mistakes in this young girl's life.
If she needs counselling, bring her to one wether she wants to or not. A minor doesn't have the authority to do whatever she wants. Good luck

AHA

colfos said:

The father's parents can't be all that religious if they've brought him up to feel sex before marriage is totally acceptable, so I wouldn't let that excuse fly for letting some irresponsible kid marrying a young girl.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">