• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21 Year old Priest Molestation Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skitt123

The offence happened in Louisiana in 1983.

When I was 13, I was an altar boy and I was molested by our local priest. I know that the statute of limitations has long since passed, but I recently read that if the person moved out of state before the statute ran out and never returned, then time basically stops. As long as he remains out of state, the statute of limitations halts until he returns. I'm not sure if this applies to Louisiana, but I suppose that's why I'm here. After my mother complained to the head priest about him, he was quickly re-stationed up north, in New Jersey, I think, where he remains to this day.

I've found it in my heart to forgive him, so I don't want to see him go to jail, but I would like to know if there is a way that I can get some sort of restitution from the diocese that he was with. Do I have a case, or is it just too late?

Thanks.

Skitt123

FarmerJ

$ince you $aid that you have found forgiveness why dont you consider just seeking counseling from the church ? other wise use the links up top and find legal representation .

S

skitt123

Oh so now I'm the bad guy? You know, it's so nice to see yet another person compassionate with the child molesting priests and the churches who protect them. Before you start in with your "he's fine... he's just wants money" thing, you should stop to consider how this just MIGHT have affected my life. MAYBE I'd like them to pay back all the money my parents and I spent on psychiatrists through the years. And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I have a legitimate gripe.

So before you start your really inconsiderate accu$ation$, you should first think about a person who has been sexually assaulted as a child and still struggles with it to this day. I forgave the priest. I had to so that I wouldn't keep dwelling on the act itself. But I don't think there is a way that I can get the church to stand up and say, "Okay... we know we should have done more for you. Let us help you now by covering all your expenses relating to Fr. Dickerson's actions."... That sure would be a welcome thing, but I don't see it happening. Therefore, I want to SUE them.

And, of course I, the victim in this matter, am the bad guy.

You ignorant, inconsiderate schmuck. Have you always been such an a$$hole, or did you have to take lessons?

gryndor

How the hell did this:

FarmerJ said:
$ince you $aid that you have found forgiveness why dont you consider just seeking counseling from the church ? other wise use the links up top and find legal representation .
Lead to this:

skitt123 said:
Oh so now I'm the bad guy? You know, it's so nice to see yet another person compassionate with the child molesting priests and the churches who protect them. Before you start in with your "he's fine... he's just wants money" thing, you should stop to consider how this just MIGHT have affected my life. MAYBE I'd like them to pay back all the money my parents and I spent on psychiatrists through the years. And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE I have a legitimate gripe.

So before you start your really inconsiderate accu$ation$, you should first think about a person who has been sexually assaulted as a child and still struggles with it to this day. I forgave the priest. I had to so that I wouldn't keep dwelling on the act itself. But I don't think there is a way that I can get the church to stand up and say, "Okay... we know we should have done more for you. Let us help you now by covering all your expenses relating to Fr. Dickerson's actions."... That sure would be a welcome thing, but I don't see it happening. Therefore, I want to SUE them.

And, of course I, the victim in this matter, am the bad guy.

You ignorant, inconsiderate schmuck. Have you always been such an a$$hole, or did you have to take lessons?
Geez, unless someone came in and said a lot of nasty things, then deleted the post afterwards, you are WAY outta line here buddy! Your first post was calm and resonable... forgiving and everything else, then after the nicest response this board can give you fly off the handle! What's with you?!

:eek:

Dude, I'm sorry you got hurt... a lot of people have... but where do you come off screaming at strangers offering the advice you sought?

Gryn

EDIT: I think counciling is an excellent idea.

Last edited:
S

skitt123

It was the dollar $ign$ that made that post very offensive to me. That was very inappropriate and reaked of accusations. Trust me... it WASN'T an innocent response, and I wasn't out of line. If [FARMER] didn't mean to offned, then I'm waiting here for him to explain why he used dollar signs in his post. If it's a reasonable answer, I'll apologize. I'm not above that. But you gotta admit, I have a legitimate gripe, as this whole thing is a sore subject with me.

Happy Trails

skitt123 said:
It was the dollar $ign$ that made that post very offensive to me. That was very inappropriate and reaked of accusations. Trust me... it WASN'T an innocent response, and I wasn't out of line. If [FARMER] didn't mean to offned, then I'm waiting here for him to explain why he used dollar signs in his post. If it's a reasonable answer, I'll apologize. I'm not above that. But you gotta admit, I have a legitimate gripe, as this whole thing is a sore subject with me.
Okay, so maybe you are a bit sensitive. But truthfully, I don't believe FarmerJ to be inconsiderate. I have never seen a hurtful post from him.

But you are the one asking about restitution. That is money. Quit being so snippy. He told you to click up top and post your situation with an attorney.

S

skitt123

UPDATE:

After thinking about it, I realize that I was being a bit snippy. I sent a private message to FarmerJ and apologized.

Skitt123

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">