• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unjust Double Parking Ticket In The Bronx?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingpickle

What is the name of your state? New York (NYC)

This morning, I pulled up to my buddies apartment building (he was riding shotgun at the time). There werent any parking spots but I happened to notice someone opening their vehicle so I pulled up next to him and asked if they happen to be leaving so I can take the spot. The person replied "Yes". I backed up a bit so he'd have space to get out. At that very second, an officer in one of those 3 Wheel cars started gunning toward me (through 1 way traffic btw). She parked her little buggy about 2 car lengths in front of me and started writing. I was frantically pointing at the guy who about to pull out to give me my spot. She only glanced at my plate without looking at me at all. I put my car in Park, stepped out and walked toward her to explain. She cut me off before I could get the first word out and said "For being there I could give you two tickets, but i'm trying to be nice today". I turned to stone and politely asked her if she needed my ID or registration etc... She replied "No". While this is goin on, she yelled at a passing van (Who i imagine musta been double parked somewhere behind me) "I wrote down your plate. If you leave, i'll mail you two tickets. If you stay you'll only get 1!". Anyways, she handed me the ticket, i walked back to my vehicle and parked in the spot that became available as soon as she moved out of the drivers way. Can I fight this? I've gotten a ticket in the past which was really my fault for not readin the sign and payed it immediatly but this ticket has me a little stumped. Please help

You Are Guilty

With a witness, you certainly can. There may even be grounds to fight the citation itself if it wasn't filled out properly. Check a few of my other responses to find the link which explains what info needs to be there to make the ticket valid. If any of it isn't, you can mail it in and it's automatically dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">