• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about providing false address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

European

What is the name of your state?
I'm from Europe and I am in a bit of a predicament of how to deal with a certain problem.

The issue is this:
- I want to sign up for a certain online service (an online game) in the US. At this point in time, the provider of this service only accepts applicants from North America and they announced they will check this through billing addresses.
- Since I'm European, I don't have access to my own US billing address.

The question is: is it illegal for me to fill in an invalid US address for a paypal account and use this to pay for that service? Note, I have no interest in defrauding anyone, all I want is to be able to pay for said service, and unless I have a US billing address, they won't let me give them money :(

A

AmIwrong?

A falsh address is never a good idea. You can sign up for paypal even if you are in Europe.

E

European

It is a question about US law.

The service I want to subscribe to is American, Paypal is an American company. What more do you want?

And I have a paypal account, but the billing address would still be in Europe as opposed to the US.

E

European

It is a question about US law. Just because I'm European, doesn't mean I can't come into contact with US law.

The service I want to subscribe to is American, Paypal is an American company. What more do you want?

And I have a paypal account, but the billing address would still be in Europe as opposed to the US.

JETX

At this point in time, the provider of this service only accepts applicants from North America and they announced they will check this through billing addresses.
YOU are NOT in North America.

is it illegal for me to fill in an invalid US address for a paypal account and use this to pay for that service?
Illegal?? No. I doubt that anyone would send the 'gendarme' or whoever to your door if you use a false address to sign up with this service.
However, I am also pretty sure that the online service will cancel your account as soon as (IF) they find out you have used a false address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">