• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exponged record Penal code 1203.4

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phil11502003

Not sure if this is the right forum for my question but could sure use some help.

I am a security guard seeking firearm permit. On the application it asks if I have ever been arrested or answered "no contest" to a conviction regardless of how long ago this occurred.

In April of 1970, while attending college, I was arrested for smoking pot. I had less than a half of a joint in my possession. At that time possession of any amount was considered a felony here in CA. I plead no contest and got 30 days in jail ( suspended sentence) $100 fine and 2 years summary probation.

This is the only time I have ever been in trouble in my life.

In 1976 a friend who was a lawyer told me that he would have the record exponged.

Do you think that this will lessen my chances to obtain a firearm permit?
Since this happened almost 35 years ago do you think I should even state this fact in my application?

thanks for any advice you have

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">