• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to finish a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbrdly3

I need advise with this!!

Nevada: I was a passenger in a car that was involved i a 1 vehicle accident. The driver was a friend of a room mate. The 5 of us went to listen to some music and on the way home the driver missed the offramp. She was arrested for DUI. I took and ambulance to the hospital and received stitches for a partially torn ligament. I also have a torn rotator cuff from the backdoor. I decided to get the surgery after my son returns frome duty to help me with everyday life. My problem is that my ex-roommate hasn't turned her papers into the insurance company so they won't settle until she does. She's friends with the driver so she is stalling. What can i do? Also, her insurance is 30,60 and my attorney is asking for 106,000.00 for medical now and future and suffuring. The policy is in her mothers name, so how do i get the rest? The medical alone is over 37 thousand for whats been done and the future surgery? Is her mother responsible for the rest? And how do i go about getting it. This injury has really effected my whole life. Thank You Richard

Last edited:

stephenk

"Also, her insurance is 30,60 and my attorney is asking for 106,000.00 for medical now and future and suffuring."

All that is available from the insurance is $60,000. However, all of the other passengers can make claims against that $60,000. The most you can recover is $30,000. Did you underinsured motorist coverage on your own car policy?

the driver's mom doesn't have to pay anything.

rbrdly3

Question? If the policy is in her mothers name, why wouldn't she be responsible for what her insurance company doesn't pay? Do i go after the daughter? How do i get paid for my pain and suffering if her insurance only pays enough for the medical?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">