• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of Time Limit Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stinker

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

Several of my coworkers had parked across the street from our office. From what I can remember... that space had always been all day parking, in other words, no time limit. However, some time after they had all parked there... the city changes the street signs to one hour time limit only. Everyone got a parking ticket. Several of them tried to contest it. Their claim was, no one will come check for change of street signs if they believe and had known the spot to be no limit.

Is the city at fault?

CdwJava

If they changed the signs WHILE the cars were parked there, I'd say there is good ground sto contest the cites. But, I suspect that the signs had been changed before they parked there.

So, while it may be poor form not to provide warnings for a while after such a change, it is not likely unlawful - provided all the proper notice and hearings were held prior to resigning the parking time limits.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">