• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Autopsy differences?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mprice1999

What is the name of your state?VA

My husband is in prison in Virginia and has been for 5 years. There were many things in his trial that bugged me but one of them was the autopsy of the man who was killed. There were 2 types of bullets removed from the body. 30 cal and 22. The cause of death could have been one of the 30 cals or the 22 in the head. Yuck huh. Well the thing that bugs me is that both my husband and the person that was with him said that the 30 cal was used first and then approx. 1 1/2 hours later they came back and the 22 was used. They know for sure that one of the 30 cals entered the chest and bounced around and would have caused death in approx. 3 minutes but in the report there never was any difference in the outside of the wounds. I thought there would be very little blood with the 22's but it does not differentiate between them. I am looking for someone interested in doing some forensic work that could tell me why there is no difference. It is driving me crazy. I cannot affort to pay of course. Wish that I could but I hope that out there somewhere is a person who's drive to know matches his or her pocket book. If you know someone please drop me an thread.

CdwJava

What are you hoping to prove? The time to challenge the evidence was at trial. To appeal his verdict would require some drastically new evidence that would cast doubt upon his guilt or the trial itself. Simply showing that he may not have been as much as fault as a jury was led to believe is not likely going to be sufficient for anything.

And the kind of help you need is expensive professional help.

If he is truly innocent, you might try looking up the Innocence Project. But if he is only "a little guilty" then I doubt they can be of much help.

- Carl

JETX

mprice1999 said:
What is the name of your state?VA

My husband is in prison in Virginia and has been for 5 years. There were many things in his trial that bugged me but one of them was the autopsy of the man who was killed. There were 2 types of bullets removed from the body. 30 cal and 22. The cause of death could have been one of the 30 cals or the 22 in the head. Yuck huh. Well the thing that bugs me is that both my husband and the person that was with him said that the 30 cal was used first and then approx. 1 1/2 hours later they came back and the 22 was used. They know for sure that one of the 30 cals entered the chest and bounced around and would have caused death in approx. 3 minutes but in the report there never was any difference in the outside of the wounds. I thought there would be very little blood with the 22's but it does not differentiate between them. I am looking for someone interested in doing some forensic work that could tell me why there is no difference. It is driving me crazy. I cannot affort to pay of course. Wish that I could but I hope that out there somewhere is a person who's drive to know matches his or her pocket book. If you know someone please drop me an thread.
So what the hell is your question??? It makes NO difference which bullet(s) were the cause of death considering that your husband (and his friend) apparently shot BOTH of the guns. Bottom line... still homicide and still guilty.

S

SignorFrancesco

I have a feeling I know what you're looking for. If they 30 cal killed this guy, and the 22 didn't matter, then maybe it could be said that your husband's friend used the 30 cal weapon, and your husband used the 22.

This would make your husband an accessory to murder, but not a murderer, which would make some difference in his sentence.

So, you're looking for someone, who is a well-off forensic scientist/doctor/enthusiast/et al., who is willing to take a look at this, giving no care to the personal out of pocket expense, to help reduce the sentence of someone who may or may not be a murderer, but is absolutely an accessory at the very least. . .

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Your husband was a party to the murder of an innocent, which is completely uncontested even by his own wife. I pray that there is nobody out there wanting to help reduce the sentence of such a cruel and callous person.

JETX

SignorFrancesco said:
I have a feeling I know what you're looking for. If they 30 cal killed this guy, and the 22 didn't matter, then maybe it could be said that your husband's friend used the 30 cal weapon, and your husband used the 22.
And where did you get that piece of brilliance???
Especially since there is absolutely NOTHING in the thread that would indicate which person shot which weapon.... or even that both didn't use both weapons.
The writer said "1 1/2 hours later they came back and the 22 was used."

Clearly, you are assuming facts that aren't there. And if your assumption is not correct, then your entire post is without value or benefit.

S

SignorFrancesco

There are some clues in what mprice asked to suggest what exactly she was looking for. Of course, by your post Jetx, I can tell your mind doesn't work like that, so explaining it won't help.

By your post, I would deduce that it's quite likely that you are possibly liberal, and may be a law student. If you were to turn out to be an attorney, or even heading in that direction, I would guess that you'd become a defense attorney, and maybe even a Public Defender.

You look for reasons to shoot holes in other people's arguments, while I look for clues to find leads, and finally evidence.

You're not that great at this advice thing that you can go around shooting holes in other people's posts. Stick to what you do best and give advice from the area you know.

JETX

SignorFrancesco said:
There are some clues in what mprice asked to suggest what exactly she was looking for. Of course, by your post Jetx, I can tell your mind doesn't work like that, so explaining it won't help.
Don't you just love it when someone CAN'T explain their logic.... with a statement that isn't logical?? :D

By your post, I would deduce that it's quite likely that you are possibly liberal, and may be a law student. If you were to turn out to be an attorney, or even heading in that direction, I would guess that you'd become a defense attorney, and maybe even a Public Defender.
You definitely need to take your 'deduction' meter in for a checkup!! And it is clear from your own post, that you have not read any of my other posts. Either that, or you are a moron. You chose.

You look for reasons to shoot holes in other people's arguments, while I look for clues to find leads, and finally evidence.
Or more accurately, you have no legal experience or knowledge, other than being a devoted watcher of Judge Judy and think that makes you qualified to respond on a LEGAL website.

You're not that great at this advice thing that you can go around shooting holes in other people's posts.
I'll make you a deal. You do a search of YOUR posts on this forum and count the number of 'thank you' responses they have. I will count mine. I bet mine out-number yours by say..... 100 to one. Go ahead.... if you can count that high.

Don't you just hate it when these 'Judge Judy experts' get visions of grandeur and think that it makes them somehow 'legal experts'?? :D

S

SignorFrancesco

And I'm going to guess that by your response, and number of responses, that you have no life, nor experience in law enforcement. You'd make a lousy cop.

You really are impressed with yourself, I know that much. And you like to make yourself look good by trying, TRYING, to make others look bad or stupid. I've seen that plenty in just the few posts I've read from you. You like to shoot holes in other people's posts, rather than rely on the merits of your own advice.

Remember, you were the one to fire off the first round of insults here. So, let me show you how I came up with my deduction on what mprice was asking.

Mprice told us that her husband had been convicted of murder. Mprice said that, either the 30 cal or 22 could have been the weapon that killed the victim. The 30 cal was used first, then an hour and a half later the 22 was used to shoot the victim in the head.

Why does any of this matter? What does it matter to Mprice if it was the 30 or the 22 that killed the victim? Why does she want to prove that it was the 30? If her husband is convicted of murder, and he used both the 30 and the 22 to shoot the victim, then why the great need to find out which one was the fatal shot?

Mprice seemed to want to find out if it could be proven that the 30 cal killed the victim. Do you think she wants to prove that her husband really was the one who killed the victim? Or does it seem reasonable, from the circumstances and information she's given, that she is trying to help her husband out? Does it seem reasonable that if the 22 did not kill the victim, and she is wanting to help her husband, and is desperate to seek help to prove this, that she is saying that her husband was the one with the 22, and the friend used the 30? That the friend killed the victim with the 30, and her husband was only an accessory?

If not, then why does it matter so much to Mprice which one killed the victim, if her husband was guilty of using both, or the 30?

It's odd, when seeing the commercials for Judge Judy, I've never seen one about murders and accessories to murders. I guess your meter's a bit off too.

But of course, you're SO much smarter than anyone else on this site. As if I didn't see such a response coming.

So, enlighten us all oh wise master of all knowledge, why is Mprice so darn desperate to find out about this information? If my theory is so stupid, then give us an alternative. Give us all another chance to thank you and bow down at your glorious alter.

And I love the deduction you made originally:

"So what the hell is your question??? It makes NO difference which bullet(s) were the cause of death considering that your husband (and his friend) apparently shot BOTH of the guns. Bottom line... still homicide and still guilty."

How the heck is that apparent? If they both shot the guns, and both are equally guilty, then why does Mprice care so much about which gun killed the victim? Heck, you can't even figure out what her question was. It does make a difference, IF her husband used the 22 only, and the 30 cal that was used by the friend was the killing shot. It matters a hell of a lot. Murder and accessory to murder carry different sentences and parole guidelines. Or didn't you know that from Judge Judy?

Stick to advice, and stop poking at other people. I have a feeling I hit a little too close to the mark on you and you're still stinging from it. Relax and just try to help people, not prove how much better you are than the rest of us.

Yeesh!

JETX

Sorry, but I didn't take the time to read your long-winded, boring, 'bloat-filled' post self-serving post. Simply too much 'blah-blah'!! :D
Have a hap-hap-happy day, you anal retentive idiot!! :D

S

SignorFrancesco

Once the mindless and baseless insults start flying, the recipient knows they've won. Guess I was right about hitting too close to the mark, heheh.

:D

S

SignorFrancesco

JETX said:
Sorry, but I didn't take the time to read your long-winded, boring, 'bloat-filled' post self-serving post. Simply too much 'blah-blah'!! :D
Have a hap-hap-happy day, you anal retentive idiot!! :D

Oh, and what the heck is a "bloat-filled" post? Is that even a word? The sentece structure here went straight down the toilet, and words were being made up without basis in reality, much like the advice that jetx gives. Wow, that nerve I touched must be a big one, LOL!

That's all, just thought I'd voice what others are thinking as they read the reply from jetx.

AHA

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnn.

Thanks for the nighty night story, haven't been bored to sleep for the longest time before this...............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">