• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I pay the rest of the bill?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmIwrong?

What is the name of your state? USA

I recently purchased some clothes off Internet to resell and made a first payment. It was a promised US$2000 worth of clothes (It was a similiar lot which she had sold over ebay) and as my husband was in CO, I asked her to send the lot to my husband, using the Fedex Account of my husband's company (based in Europe). I did not keep the receipt. The clothes arrived, but were most without the retail value on it or price tags and some were actually with heavily marked down prices. I am trying to find out the real retail value of the clothes because I doubt that it is worth US$2000. Meanwhile, she has written many mails to ask for the rest of the money plus the shipping which she claims that Fedex has charged her. I have paid a token sum to my husband's company. I am not sure why she was charged the shipping with her credit card because she didn't have to fill in her creditcard info on the Fedex declaration form. She threatens to take legal action. I have not replied to her emails as I am still in the midst of checking the total value of the clothes. There were many repeated items which she did not mention. I am in Europe. What should I do?

A

AmIwrong?

What about the part of her not keeping her to the promised US$2000 worth of clothes. I have now written her a mail to let her know that I am still verifying the total worth of the clothes. Now she is saying that she would want the clothes back. Please give me some legally correct advice and not some common sense anwers. Thank you. Also, she mentioned before that she would take legal action against me. What rights does she have?

A

AmIwrong?

Just to add. I have already paid her about 70% of the asking price. I just feel cheated. I have bought clothes from ebay before and all came with full price tags on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">