• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crashed a car not owned by me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CalCar

What is the name of your state?ca
Hello.
I had been in a pretty bad non-injury accident one year ago where I was driving someonelses car. A friend let me use his car but it was owned by someone else. At the seen of the accident, the police officer mentioned that the person who owned the car is responsible for damages. A year has passed and now an insurance company is calling me saying that I owe $20K because they can't find the owner of the car that I wrecked. I can't get a hold of my friend since I moved to a different city. My insurance only covers my car. Do I have any defense against this?

Thanks for your time.

JETX

CalCar said:
Do I have any defense against this?
Based solely on your post, no. In fact, you offered NO defense, even if you had one.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">