• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scared and in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynnea6786

What is the name of your state?
pennsylvania

my friend was out driving one night and wrecked her car. she was the only one involved, thank god. nothing happened to her. now i need some really good advice because she is scared and doesn't know what is going to happen to her. i will tell the story and then i will ask questions. she is under the legal drinking age and she was driving down a dirt road that had loose gravel on a sharp curve, she started going around the curve and started fish tailing all over the road. the next thing she knew she was in a ditch. she had alcohol in the car from a friend, (but she was totally sober), and her friend left their empty containers in there. she was scared so she went to call someone and didn't go back. so here are my questions and all i need to know is what the minimum and maximum penalties are for her actions.
1. leaving the scene of an accident?
2. transporting alcohol?
3. open containers?
4. wreckless driving?

those are all the ones i could think of that she could possibly get in trouble for but i am sure there is more but i would really appreciate if i got some replies. so i will just thank you now if you can help me out. :eek: :eek: :confused:

1. leaving the scene of an accident.
i would assume that she wouldn't get into trouble b/c this was a one car accident w/o property damage and bodily injury to anyone else :eek:

2. transporting alcohol
maybe :eek:

3. open containers
this doesn't look very good :(

4. wreckless driving
very possible :(

btw did she call the police :confused: if she did not call the police and there were no witnesses and she doesn't want anymore trouble against her she may want to omit issues #2 and 3 ;)

**keep in mind this is just my opinion, she would really need to speak with the insurance company about this**

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">