• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elderly dental problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nilpojsinaj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California. :confused:
An elderly lady I know (87 yrs. old, WWII vet. @ Normandy) had $3700 dental work done, but some of the top left side teeth fell out (1/4), other part is sharp (bottom), she called dentist, was told he could do nothing about it, and hung up. She is also sure the front register girl worked on her teeth. Now, the dentist is suing her (served her 7 a.m. 9-23-04), and court date is less than 1 month (Oct. 28, 2004). She says that she was charged for 2 gold teeth that she does not have. I am going to make sure that she gets a second opinion by another Dentist. How do we get her dental records? I hope to get some kind of advocate for the elderly involved. She has gotten depressed about this. She was never asked about the bill by mail. She is an isolated person, and is concerned that no one will believe her situation. I am going to take pictures of her teeth. What kind of case does she have? She is going to small claims court.

ellencee

nilpojsinaj
For the dental product: make sure she follows up with another dentist as soon as possible. The new dentist can request her records to be available at her appointment and the former dentist should comply. If not, she can request a copy and for a fee for copies and mailing, she can receive a copy of her treatment records.

As for the bill for the two gold teeth: either she has them or she doesn't. If the dentist is claiming the teeth were in the area where teeth fell out, then that may pose a problem. Were any photos taken during the time she had the teeth (family photos, etc.)? Most dentists do not make the prosthetic teeth and crowns; those are made at dental labs. There should be a lab bill that is separate from the dentist's work in placing the prosthetics. Contact the lab and get an itemized billing statement.

Just because the "register girl" processes payments for the dental practice does not mean she is not a dental assistant or certified dental assistant.

EC

N

nilpojsinaj

Thank you.

California - Just want to thank you. Am going to make some calls Wed. to find a dentist who will give 2nd opinion, and hopefully find an advocate for the elderly, or something like that. Thank you for your time and consideration. Ricardo, nilpojsinaj. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">