• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

was victim in hit and run...help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reldudegop

2 weeks ago i was in a hit and run accident in queens, ny. I live in NJ. the driver of the other vehicle was driving a company car. he took off but we got his plates. a police report was filed. i have about $4600 worth of damage to my vehicle which insurance should cover. the police can't go after this @ss for some reason so i was wondering is there anything i can do? No injuries but i'm really bothered by this and was wondering if i can take legal action against his company

G

grantclan

If you have a deductible you can go after the driver and his company for that amount. Otherwise it is a legal matter. You should get a copy of the police report. He may have claimed he was affraid to stop and reported the incident later. This is permissible by law. You won't know until you see the report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">