• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Bids & Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judy Williams

What is the name of your state?Virginia

When you bid on a City contract (RFP), and you are required to submit your bid in response to the written directives, answer all questions put forth in the bid, and meet all the qualifications for that bid; how is it that other companies, who I know have no exerience in that field, are allowed to compete and make it to the final two.

One other question, when all is said and done and you are awarded the 5-year contract, or so you think, can they now say that your company will be on a one-year probationary period before they will renew for the remaining four years?
No where in the bid, did it say the first year was probationary.

Appreciate some input................

Doing government business..

In the 35 years I've been doing business with various governmental agencies from local to national I've learned two things:

1. RFP's and the contracts that result from them are almost always "wired". If the company that wrote the RFP doesn't get the contract, it will go to someone who has a personal friend (bought and paid for) in the government body that lets out the contract. So...those "other" companies had friends in the government.

2. If you do get a government contract and its not because of number 1 above...its because no one's friend wanted to do the work. So, therefore, the governmental body will change the rules (because they can) and create a pit for you to fall into, just in case one of their friends has a change of heart.

This is the American Way...the best government money can buy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">