• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rose29

What is the name of your state?Indiana
Me and my husband hired a lawyer for a payroll deduction for child support and college surpport case for us. We hired him at the beginning of June to get this stopped and to see what we will have to pay for the college surpport. My step daughter turned 21 in July and the child support was suppose to stop then but she is attending college away from home. We got served with papers about the college support from my husband ex girlfriend's lawyer they was never married. We took them in to the lawyer he charged us 450.00 to get the payroll deduction from my husbands paycheck to stop. He said we would take care of both these thing in court,so we had a court date, the day of court we went to his office before we went to court he told us he cancelled the court date. To see if we could settle the college surpport out of court. So then we asked about the payroll deduction on the chlid support and he said again that will be taking care of when the college support is. He told us to give him 12 days and he would get back with us on it. that was on Aug 9. He never did, me and my husband kept calling his office leaving messages but never heard from him. One time last week I got ahold of his secertay and he put me threw to him he said he was looking threw his mail and thinks he got something from her laywer and that he had a client waiting to see him, could he call me back in 30 mins I said sure. I waited about 45 mins never heard from him, so I called him back his secatary said he had lefted. So them my husband stopped by his office a few days later to see him, he was told to make a appointment so he did and it was for yesterday,, we both took off work to go to the appointment when we got there his secatary told us he said he didnt want to talk with us until a court date was set. We have tired to call the laywer over and over again lefted messages but never get a call back and it's long distsnce to call him.His secatery told us he tired to call us yesterday morning to tell us not to come in , he said he lefted a the message on my husband cell phone, and he even said the number of my husband cell phone, but when we got back home there was no message on the cell phone or our house answering machine. During all this waiting my husbands ex girl friend is still recieving child surpport.

D

D.B. Cooper

$450? Sounds like he's hungry for money, but then relizes he is not charging enough and tries not to put to much into it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">