• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fallen Trees & Bad Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trdarnold

I am in Alabama. I had some posts with Breezy concerning my tree across my fence in neighbors yard. Generally, it is that what is on my side is mine and what is on their side is theirs. We informed the neighbor since my husband had back surgery 2 months ago we could not help get it up. Nor or we able to pay. Today their son or someone came and cut it up and tossed it back over the fence. Now What?

Happy Trails

trdarnold said:
I am in Alabama. I had some posts with Breezy concerning my tree across my fence in neighbors yard. Generally, it is that what is on my side is mine and what is on their side is theirs. We informed the neighbor since my husband had back surgery 2 months ago we could not help get it up. Nor or we able to pay. Today their son or someone came and cut it up and tossed it back over the fence. Now What?
Now what? What?

Which side of the fence did they throw the wood?

skyspirit

trdarnold said:
I'm not an attorney, but I've had ALOT of personal experience with neighbor problems and boundary issues.

If the tree was on YOUR property then fell to THEIR property, what was over the line is THEIR responsibility--UNLESS the tree was diseased or damaged or infested with insects and you knew about it but failed to do anything about it. They should not have thrown the wood back on your side. It became THEIR wood when it crossed the borderline (assuming that the tree was in good health).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">