• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 y/o that needs to be emancipated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babygurl33040

What is the name of your state?
Florida

I am 16 years old and my parents are planning to move in november, i need to know how long it takes to push an emancipation through the stystem and if it can be done while out of state.

AHA

babygurl33040 said:
What is the name of your state?
Florida

I am 16 years old and my parents are planning to move in november, i need to know how long it takes to push an emancipation through the stystem and if it can be done while out of state.
Why do you feel you have to be emancipated?
Do you realise that the only way for you to be emancipated is if you can fully support yourself financially and pay rent and every bill on your own?

B

babygurl33040

why i would like to be emancipated:
My father is in the military and planned to stay where we are until 2006, when i will graduate high school, a few weeks ago he was informed he would have to leave the summer of 2005 so my plans were to move out my senior year and after move to where i would go to college(that way i wouldn't have to change my whole life twice with in a year). My dads other option was to leave around november and be guarenteed the location of Mass. my mother and father both decided they want to go and i said no i don't, my father said he was going to ask for more time to think and durring that time i researched the school and area and found out would not like to live there. now he says I have to go. If i do end up moving i would like to get emancipated and move back to florida so i can graduate from my current high school.

Happy Trails

babygurl33040 said:
why i would like to be emancipated:
My father is in the military and planned to stay where we are until 2006, when i will graduate high school, a few weeks ago he was informed he would have to leave the summer of 2005 so my plans were to move out my senior year and after move to where i would go to college(that way i wouldn't have to change my whole life twice with in a year). My dads other option was to leave around november and be guarenteed the location of Mass. my mother and father both decided they want to go and i said no i don't, my father said he was going to ask for more time to think and durring that time i researched the school and area and found out would not like to live there. now he says I have to go. If i do end up moving i would like to get emancipated and move back to florida so i can graduate from my current high school.
Like the other two posters stated you would have to be totally self-supported. That means no bunking in with friends etc... You would have to prove that to a judge. It is just not likely that will happen.

Have you thought about reasoning with your parents and telling them how important staying there is to you.

Perhaps they would allow you to stay with friends or relatives down there until you graduate.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
So you can support yourself 100% without a roommate, right? You can provide housing, utilities, transportation, clothing, food, health insurance, etc. all by yourself? And your parents consent to your emancipation?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A judge is not going to emancipate you because you don't want to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">