• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LKP

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have a website that includes pictures that I took at various concerts. I recently found out someone was using my pictures on thier website. I contacted the webhost and they notified the other webmaster. Since she claims the pictures are hers or are used with permission of her friends, the webhost won't do anything about it. What should my next step be?

Also in regards to the same pictures and website, another person bought copies of my pictures from me. She claims that since she owns the copies of the prints, she has the right to scan them and let this other website use them if she so chooses. Of course my claim is that since I was the photographer I retain the copyright. Who's right?

Thanks,
Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">