• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school playground injury to 7 yr old, are they responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

froggy26ms

What is the name of your state? mississippi

Last edited:

F

froggy26ms

child and school playground

My 7 year old daughter was injured on the school merry-go-round. There were exposed sharp edges and she got her finger caught in the center of it and it chewed the tip of her index finger off. She had to have surgery the next day. The Dr. said she would have to have revision amputation. She had surgery and seems to be doing the best you can expect. The school had the merry go round taken off the grounds at ten o'clock the next day. I am thankful for that but at the same time, I think they did it so fast that it looks like they were trying to hide the evidence. Although I did get pictures of it before it was taken off and it shows the lack of care and maintenance to the merry go round. My daughters teacher made the statement that they had been trying for years to get a new one but couldn't. They are getting one now, I just hate that it took something like this to happen to get one. I just want to know what our rights are. I think the school is responsible!! Any information would be very helpful and very appreciative. My family thanks you!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">