• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kidnapping a minor in GA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TekVideo

Georgia

My daughter was taken from her home three days before her 16th birthday. A detective chased after her and her "boyfriend" (who was 33 at the time) for about a year. When she turned 18 she contacted her mother and was on drugs and pregnant by the now 35 year old "boyfriend".

He keeps her on drugs and we've tried everything to help her. Since having her baby she has been back and forth between her mothers house with her baby and back to her drug dealer "boyfriend's" house.

Can we press charges on him for child endangerment or kidnapping of a minor even though now she is 18? I'll do anything to get that creep out of her life.

Last edited:

CdwJava

What about the original kidnapping charge? What's the status of that? Weren't charges filed when she was taken at the age of 16? I would think that he should still be facing those potential charges regardless of the girl's age now.

- Carl

T

TekVideo

Nobody would tell who she was with so there was no kidnapping charge against him.
She has since said she was with him, but she hasn't been of a sound mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">