• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent to own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lesa7578

What is the name of your state? Alabama.

I needed a videocamera to film a five-minute speech for one of my classes, so i decided to rent it from Rentway. The lady told me she would bring it out to my house so that i could try to use it with my computer, and if i could, i could go ahead and sign the rental contract for one week. She gave me a blank contract to look over with "void" written across it, and charged me for the whole week of rental plus insurance and fees. When I called the next day to tell her I would not be able to use it because my computer did not recognize it as new hardware, she said "well you used it for a day so we can only refund part of your money." out of $31, I got back $23 and they refused to give me back the receipt. I know I should have copied it for my records, but i failed here. I never signed the contract and was told I could try it out just in case. Did they break any laws? Because I feel victimized.

racer72

$8 for a days use of a camcorder sounds reasonable. And would you be willing to spend a couple hundred dollars to fight a case you have no chance of winning?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">