• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can company bill me for legal fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daileymj

What is the name of your state? maryland

I had an incident with a local HVAC company this summer. I had them come out and give me an esitimate for a repair. They came back with an outrageous estimate and billed me for a diagnosis fee. I felt that the charge was ridiculous and forwarded the matter to my state consumer complaint division. The state was not able to mediate the matter, byt this time I was tired of fooling with the company so I went ahead and paid the fee. Soon after, the company billed me for several hours of labor for time spent researching my claim. I'm wondering if I'm obligated to pay these charges, and what would be the best way to handle this matter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">