• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of Teen Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LilMaSha08

:confused: What is the name of your state? Georgia
I am a 14 year old who has a 4 1/2 month old little boy. I have alot of problems going on at home with my parents including abuse and I don't want to raise a baby in this house. I need to know my rights and my rights as a parent because my parents always try to use my baby against me. Is there anyway I could move out with my baby if I had a job and someone atleast 18 to live with?... please email me back at [email protected]
thanks
Shana

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The only way you could move out is if you were emancipated. IF Georgia allows emancipation, and I don't know if it does, you'd have to be about 16 and able to support yourself completely - housing (w/o a roommate), transportation, medical expenses, food, utilities, etc. (edit) You'd also need your parents' consent or a court order - having a baby at 14 won't impress a judge as to your maturity.

The other option would be to become a ward of the state - i.e. get placed into foster care. Not a great option.

cmorris

LilMaSha08I am a 14 year old who has a 4 1/2 month old little boy. I have alot of problems going on at home with my parents including abuse and I don't want to raise a baby in this house. [B said:
**What do you mean by abuse? Verbal, physical, or just rules?[/B]

I need to know my rights and my rights as a parent because my parents always try to use my baby against me.

**How do they do that?

Is there anyway I could move out with my baby if I had a job and someone atleast 18 to live with

**Emancipation. But you have to have your parents' consent, be able to support yourself and your child, and be responsible. Living with someone else is not an option. Having a child at 14 is not showing responsible behavior. I do not think you could get emacipated.
If there is truly abuse going on (not rules that you don't agree with), call child protective services ASAP! Can you live with a safe relative? I doubt you can go live with a friend.

And while this may not have anything to do with your question, stay in school! There are programs to help you get your HS diploma and attend college. You need to better yourself for your child. Do not get pregnant again. Take parenting classes as well. Even though you are 14, you are now a mother and need to be more responsible.

Shay-Pari'e

You got pregnant at 12 or 13? You can't raise a baby, you ARE a baby. You can't even work at your age without a permit, and the state only allow's so many hours you can work.

You want out of your situation? Give this innocent child up for adoption. You have no means of taking care of it and obviously your parents lack parenting skills, as well.

L

LilMaSha08

FOR yalls info

The dad is 16 he was 15 when i got pregnant and i was 13 about to be 14. I KNOW i made a mistake I asked for help not fo rputdowns if I wanted that I would be trying to stay at home. And for lil miss paradise my parents do take care of me and my brother and sister. The only reason I got out of the house to where I could get pregnant is because we where moving and I stayed with my older cousin a few nights. My babys father signed his self up for a group home which is a rehab so he could straightin up before my baby got old enough to realixze he was doing the things he was doing. He sends me money because he has a job he is home on weekends and comes to spend time with us. SO IF ALL YALL WANT TO DO IS PUT ME DOWN GO DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.. because my baby has everything he needs and he is fine

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Good for Dad - it's very positive that he's straightening himself out. But you're still not likely to become emancipated. Sorry.

Happy Trails

LilMaSha08 said:
The dad is 16 he was 15 when i got pregnant and i was 13 about to be 14. I KNOW i made a mistake I asked for help not fo rputdowns if I wanted that I would be trying to stay at home. And for lil miss paradise my parents do take care of me and my brother and sister. The only reason I got out of the house to where I could get pregnant is because we where moving and I stayed with my older cousin a few nights. My babys father signed his self up for a group home which is a rehab so he could straightin up before my baby got old enough to realixze he was doing the things he was doing. He sends me money because he has a job he is home on weekends and comes to spend time with us. SO IF ALL YALL WANT TO DO IS PUT ME DOWN GO DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.. because my baby has everything he needs and he is fine
I know things can be very difficult for teenagers at home. Then having a baby on top of it only makes things more complicated. Heck most of us here probably would say we couldn't wait to get out on our own. You'll make it through just fine, but I think you will need the support from mom & dad.

Shay-Pari'e

LilMaSha08 said:
The dad is 16 he was 15 when i got pregnant and i was 13 about to be 14. I KNOW i made a mistake I asked for help not fo rputdowns if I wanted that I would be trying to stay at home. And for lil miss paradise my parents do take care of me and my brother and sister. Then why are you here complaining they abuse you? Don't PM me again, as I am not the one who is need of info.

with you The only reason I got out of the house to where I could get pregnant is because we where moving and I stayed with my older cousin a few nights. No, you got pregnant because you had sex with no protection.

My babys father signed his self up for a group home which is a rehab so he could straightin up before my baby got old enough to realixze he was doing the things he was doing. He sends me money because he has a job he is home on weekends and comes to spend time with us. SO IF ALL YALL WANT TO DO IS PUT ME DOWN GO DO IT TO SOMEONE ELSE.. because my baby has everything he needs and he is fine
Your baby does not have what it needs. You are a child raising a baby, and the father is a child.

L

LilMaSha08

Paradise

okay if my baby doesnt have everything he needed I wouldnt love him ad take care of him. I do more for my baby than most older people do for theres. I do have ALOT of problems here BUT my parents do help out sometimes. So if your going to put me down there is no point in every doing anything and I know what I am doing. And I was using protection when I got pregnant it happens. I know that for a fact. And in the other thing you sent basically said that I got pregnant becuase of my parents no caring. THey do care and its not there fault in any way. But yeah I made a mistake and I can admit that but there are alot of other teenager who get pregnant I am not the only one. Its hard but I do it and he DOES have everything he needs :mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
"Its hard but I do it "

And it would be a LOT harder if you moved out.

Until you are 18 you cannot move out without your parent's permission.

stephenk

"I have alot of problems going on at home with my parents including abuse and I don't want to raise a baby in this house."

"And for lil miss paradise my parents do take care of me and my brother and sister."

"I do have ALOT of problems here BUT my parents do help out sometimes."

"And in the other thing you sent basically said that I got pregnant becuase of my parents no caring. THey do care and its not there fault in any way"

First you said your parents are abusive then you praise them. So what is the truth?

L

LilMaSha08

They are towards me 99% of the time but when they arent they take care of me when i need to and they always take care of my lil brother or sister. And another thing this isnt what i asked about why do folks on here make everything worse insted of helping?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">