• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug posession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Opposite

What is the name of your state? California

Last month i was out with 5 of my friends getting high (Cronic) and it was my fault cuz i forgot to put the plates on my truck due to me waiting for tags i did have front plates but as soon as i hit the corner to my friends house the cops pulled me over. they ask me to come out of my vehicle so they can talk to me, the cop said she pulled me over for not having my rear plates so they thought the truck was stolen and then she add that we smiled like weed hardcore so she asked me whos the dealer i said no one the dealer and where we came from i told her where and then are the any more drugs in the car so i watch cops on TV all the time so i know what happens so i told her that its some weed in the car and a pipe she asked if its ok to search the vehicle i said yeah so but i asked her what will be the outcome of this she said if thats all she finds all she'll do is write me a ticket so i was like kool. I have a court date tommorrow in the morning so i was wondering with possesion of less then an ounce of weed what would be my punishment cuz i was concern of my job finding out cuz i work for security even though i already have clearance i was wondering will my job be notified or will i just get a fine or probation or something. also i'm wondering when the judge ask was i under the influence should i say yes or say no because the cop didnt put that i was under the influence she just put for possesion so i was just going to say im guilty for that and if he ask so i under the influence i'ma say no can u help me with my problem please thanks.

CdwJava

I believe that you face a $100 fine plus the possibility of drug classes and court costs. You may also face some restriction or suspension fo your license depending on your age and other factors.

And I doubt the judge will ask if you were under the influence. But, if he does, than that would be a different crime and a different court, so they likely wouldn't be able to deal with that at your hearing. And, without any FST or chemical test, proving that will be next to impossible since your unsupported 'confession' cannot generally convict you.

It is always a good idea to consult with an attorney before pleading to anything, however.

- Carl

O

Opposite

Question

Ok so you saying a $100 dollar fine and then some drug classes ok im 20 years old and this is the first time so do u think with me being 20 i will get my license suspened damn that suck do u know for how long though so u think i will need an attorney for this case even though im just going for possesion

CdwJava

I am not completely certain of all the side effects a guilty plea might have. Thus, it is always advisable to consult an attorney. By itself, this violation has a small fine and likely some court costs and possibly informal probation attached. But, that's hard for me to say.

To be sure, consult local counsel.

- Carl

O

Opposite

Question

by consulting with a consel how will i go about that im very new to this and this is my first time actually going to court is it there some type of hotline where i can talk to some one i know u giving the best information as u can and really thank you for the quick response cuz i dont want to go there like a dumbass u know

CdwJava

First thing in the morning call the Bar Associatiuon and see if they can recommend someone for a free consultation. They may also have some sort of service that can aswer the basic questions you might have for free.

Lacking that, when you get to court (and it is not traffic court ... some of these cites are dropped to traffic court instead of Superior Court in some places), see if you might be eligible for a public defender.

Not having been on the receiving end of one of these cites, I really do not know for sure. I know that in my county they are handled as misdemeanors in Superior Court, but I seem to recall where I used to work that they were handled in traffic court.

- Carl

O

Opposite

Question

Damn cuz i have court at 8:30am so i guess im on my own unless their open in the morning before then andits a superior court i have to go to and the funny part its down the street from my job but i will look that consel thing up to see if i can get some answer even though ur answers is great serious i thank you very much for taking ur time out for answering my question i just hope that my license dont get suspended cuz that will suck cuz thise is a misdemaenor u know

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">