• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 years since my accident...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dee30

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I'm really aggrevated with my lawyer...We have had 4 offers since my accident and I want to settle as soon as possible. My major bills had a letter of protection on them from my lawyer...However, there's 3 that were missed and they have been turned over to collection. I'm upset that, now, these bills are on my credit, and I'm not any closer to getting this matter settled.

One bill that I received last week said it was my last notice and it would be turned over to collection (it has a letter of protection from my lawyer). I just want the case settled...my credit is now affected, and my lawyer rarely returns my calls unless HE needs to tell me something.

We are not going to court because the other party accepted responsibility...it's just a long, drawn out case, and I'm really frustrated.

How can I get this matter settled soon, so I can try and repair my credit?

Dee30

The last was $21,500. At the time of my deposition, my lawyer said that he was going to try and get $26,000. The $21,500 is the 4th offer they've made.

stephenk

well, if you want to settle soon, accept their offer. remember, you have control over the case. it only continues as long as you want. you need to figure out if the additional time and effort is worth the possibility that the other side will come up to your demand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">