• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor cut our tree down.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lpphil

What is the name of your state?North CarolinaWhat is the name of your state?
Our neighbor reached over our 8 ft privacy fence and cut an oak tree down with a chainsaw. He evidently had help as it was a large tree and he completely cleaned up the mess. He did this while we were at work one day. What action should we take? We know there are several other trees in our yard that he wants down (for fear of hurricanes) and are afraid that he will continue to do the same thing if we can't somehow legally stop him. Thx!

HomeGuru

Lpphil said:
What is the name of your state?North CarolinaWhat is the name of your state?
Our neighbor reached over our 8 ft privacy fence and cut an oak tree down with a chainsaw. He evidently had help as it was a large tree and he completely cleaned up the mess. He did this while we were at work one day. What action should we take? We know there are several other trees in our yard that he wants down (for fear of hurricanes) and are afraid that he will continue to do the same thing if we can't somehow legally stop him. Thx!
**A: and you called the police correct to file a criminal property damage claim?

L

Lpphil

No...I called the sherriff's dept and they told me I had to go the courthouse to get something done. The courthouse just sends me round in circles. Should I go home and call the police?

HomeGuru

Lpphil said:
No...I called the sherriff's dept and they told me I had to go the courthouse to get something done. The courthouse just sends me round in circles. Should I go home and call the police?
**A: now that's a good idea.

L

Lpphil

Nope...no trailers where we are and I haven't seen any bigfoot prints lately. I'm glad you folks see some humor in this. I want to cry every time I look in the back yard and see an eight foot tree stump left over from a perfectly healthy beautiful tree that was obviously cut from inside his backyard fence. You are right...what was he thinking? Now, I'm going home to call the law. Thanks for all the input.....

S

SUMMITVIEW

Don't worry 'bout it hometown...

These pendejos are just home CULOS. They screw themselves just as much as all of us... :D

Rememeber hometown, play defense and ya be aight...

Summit View and damn...the view is outstanding!

HomeGuru

SUMMITVIEW said:
Don't worry 'bout it hometown...

These pendejos are just home CULOS. They screw themselves just as much as all of us... :D

Rememeber hometown, play defense and ya be aight...

Summit View and damn...the view is outstanding!

**A: referenced post.

F

Ferenc

Dear Lpphil,

It was very devastating to read how your stupid, disgusting neighbours succeeded in removing your oak with such barbaric methods.
If I were you, I would go to all lengths to punish them by law.
I know what kind of an empty, sad feeling you must be experiencing,
because I had to live through the same thing (but only with a huge limb removed), from one of MY oaks, that my neighbours deformed on
Dec 6, 2003 without my knowledge. Do plant a new one in your lost
trees memory.

~Ferenc

FarmerJ

Consider looking at the cost of a security camera to record all activity along your SIDE of the property line . If any thing else is altered by the neighbor you will have pictures to back up any report you file with the police and pics if you end up having to sue the nieghbor .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">