• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for info On GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LilMaSha08

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I have a few questions.
I am 14 when I got pregant my babies daddy was 15, No one in myu family pressed charges because they liked him. But DFACS got on my case which they are now off. They told us they could and would not charge him unless they charged me with statutory rape a chil molestation. They still charged him and the people we have talked to said they could not legally do that. HE had to do 2 months on that and he is out now but he is in a rehab he signed hisself up for. But could they legally charge him? from what i have understood from the other people I have talked to , juvenile or not he will always have the charges on him so I need to know it is VERY important :eek: :mad: :confused:

Last edited:

Happy Trails

LilMaSha08 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
I have a few questions.
I am 14 when I got pregant my babies daddy was 15, No one in myu family pressed charges because they liked him. But DFACS got on my case which they are now off. They told us they could and would not charge him unless they charged me with statutory rape a chil molestation. They still charged him and the people we have talked to said they could not legally do that. HE had to do 2 months on that and he is out now but he is in a rehab he signed hisself up for. But could they legally charge him? from what i have understood from the other people I have talked to , juvenile or not he will always have the charges on him so I need to know it is VERY important :eek: :mad: :confused:
What was he charged with? If it was statutory rape then Georgia state law is: In Georgia, you can go to jail for having sex! The law states:

If you have sexual intercourse with any person under the age of 16 years, you will have committed statutory rape.

http://www.cycc.state.ga.us/statutory.html

L

LilMaSha08

Thats it

Yep he got charged with Statutory Rape and Child molestation. I was 14 he was 15. Even the police told us that we would both have to be charged if any charging was done but the DA in our town charged him with it and he got 60 days in YDC for it and he still has the charges on him

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">