• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used false doccument to enter military during Korean War

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shukura

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefined CA
Although I don't have all the details, this is what I know:
A friend entered the military at age 16 with the assistance of the recruiter. They falsified documents to show he was of legal age. It has been 50 years since this happend, and he has continued to use the false birthdate/birthplace on all legal documents. We would like to get this straightened out so that he can get a passport, but have no idea how to proceed. Please help!

S

SignorFrancesco

This is just an educated guess on my part, but I highly doubt that your friend would catch any serious trouble for using a different date of birth and age because he wanted to join the military and serve his country during a time of national crisis. Get a consult with a lawyer, which may run about a hundred to a hundred and fifty dollars, and get their advice on this. I'm sure there's a quick and simple way of dealing with this without much worry or effort.

If you send me a private message I can also tell you about a service that's a bit cheaper.

CdwJava

I know it can be straightened out somehow, as my father-in-law did the same thing. He was subsequently caught more than a dozen years later, but he got a slap on the wrist by the military and was allowed to stay in with no military or civil charges. He retired after 32 years in the USMC.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

Contact the bureau of vital statistics for an original birth certificate and start from there. It's not a big deal because it was rampant during the Korean war and WWII.

Also, from one veteran to another, Tell him I'm damn proud to be associated with someone who had the guts to stand up, regardless of the consequences.

He should be damn proud. I am of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">