• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Direct Sales Agreement RE: Advertising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

k.lafountaine

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

Hi, I have been an independent sales consultant for a direct sales company since March. Upon signing up I signed an agreement that said I could/would not use any company name and/or trademark to promote my business, without permission from the company.

I have put up an informational website for potential sales consultants, it does not use the name of the company anywhere, nor does it use any company trademarks, it simply states factual information about the business, company, compensation structure, and my own experience.

The company has asked me not to use the website, as it contains "sensitive" information and they are concerned that it might take the place of face to face contact with potential sign-ups. (I did turn it in to the company to get permission to use it, because they are threatening to terminate those who do not follow policy).

If I continue to use the website, because I don't see where it causes any breach of contract/agreement, can they terminate me?

I can provide a copy of the agreement that I signed, and the url for the site is http://www.thejewelryjunky.com

I hope someone can help me with this issue, I am very motivated to succeed in this business, and I feel that the company is stepping out of it's bounds for control over what we can and can not do ! Any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!

Kristen :mad: :confused: :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">