• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help ASAP.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state?Texas
I Need Emergency Help, Please...FAST!!!

I am in the State of Texas and am involved in a suite affecting the parent/child relationship. I have temporary guardianship of my Grandson due to neglect by the biological parents. (I have had guardianship for almost a year now.)
I recently filed a motion to modify the order and ask for permanent guardianship since parents have not obeyed court order and have missed so much visitation and the child came home sick from 2cnd hand smoke after most visitations they did have and also would have nightmares after visitations. (I should add that the parents were never married and the father's visitations were to be supervised by his mother since his drug test came back positive.)
Recently the father of the child said he couldn't come for visitation every weekend, but would come every other weekend for a couple of hours and visit the child in my home. I asked if he would be coming alone or bringing his mother. He said he would come alone.
After I filed my modification, the other Grandmother filed a petition in intervention asking for visitation. (She hasn't EVER called to check on child nor has she offered to assist with any of the necessities for the child and has never expressed an interest in visitation with the child.)
In her petition she also asked for parenting classes and an amicus attny for the child.
Question: Is the best approach for me to file a motion to strike the petition in intervention or just to file an answer with the court with my attached documentation?
I have to do something soon before time for filing a "response" runs out and want to be sure it's legal. I know she doesn't have the best interest of the child in mind and have been told that she and the biological mom are "plotting" against me.
Please help?
Thank you, I'm desperate

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">